fun date idea:
take me to comic con
drop me off
Emilia Clarke in the Game of Thrones S4 bloopers
they saved her life
Y’all don’t understand what this scene means to me. This Christian girl wearing the flower crown and the white bedsheet was going to murder Piper for not kowtowing to her homophobic bullshit. Like, Piper is out here about to get shanked when the inmate counselor is within ear shot and can see what’s about to go down. Piper calls out for help, and the counselor turns his back and leaves, knowing full well that Piper might die. This is what a lot of Pacifists don’t understand: you can not react in a non-violent manner to someone who is trying to kill you. You have to be able to use the appropriate amount of force to disarm them, and thanks to these fantastic women of color, Piper didn’t die. This scene was everything.
I’ve been waiting my whole life for this gif set
not being at comic con like
I know you don’t like to talk, but you gotta do it for her.
Yadriel & Maria appreciation post ✿◕‿◕✿
GO WATCH THIS SHOW, HONESTLY IT IS SO AMAZING.
IF THIS POST CREATES 1 NEW PUSHING DAISIES FAN MY LIFE = MADE.
Alright let me help out then:
1) Most of the cast is female. In fact only two main characters are male.
2) Both male characters take typically non-masculine hobbies. Emerson Cod knits almost non-stop and makes pop-up books. Ned is literally called “The Pie-Maker” because he bakes homestyle pies from his mother’s method. Both are shown to be very nurturing and even maternal characters. Conversely, the women? A pair of professional travelling show performers that have gritty sexual scandals the way men usually get (see the entire “Chuck’s father” storylines), a beekeeper who is the single most positive and optimistic character imaginable, and a former professional jockey- Three of four pro athletes.
3) You could very easily make the claim Ned is asexual.
4) Yes, the storyline is about romance. But it’s also about the positive side of a love story, and their only drama lies in overcoming their inability to actually share contact.
5) A very good friend of mine recommended this show to me as “Disney for adults.” I told her it was already on my list to watch because “It’s by Bryan Fuller, from Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me.” Bryan Fuller is now most known for “Hannibal.” The same camera methods and bright colours and lighting techniques Hannibal is known for? Perfected in this show, just using a different tone- The same colour methods in reverse, upping the vivid greens and yellows instead of reds and blues, which sells emotion both ways.
7) Probably one of the best examples of a modern day fairy tale possible.
8) Narrated by Jim Dale- The narrator for the HP audio books.
I don’t know if anyone’s already added links to this, but all of these here work and if you hover over the links, an episode description shows :)
May I just say, before I saw this gifset explaining the show, I just thought that PD was about a really adorable germ-a-phobe.
Pushing Daisies is one of my all time favourite shows. Gutted it only had two season but those two seasons are PHENOMENAL!